Important Dates for April - May 2017 Intake:
||5 April 2017
10 - 11 April 2017
22 - 23 April 2017
|Examination Technique, Workshop
||26 April 2017
|Mock Examination (Afternoon 3pm to 6pm)
||3 May 2017
|Revision (Evening 7pm to 10pm)
||3 May 2017
Click here for more details.
Fees: *$1690.00 (Inclusive of GST)
*Excludes examination fees payable to CIMA
CIMA, founded in 1919, is the world’s leading and largest professional body of Management Accountants, with over 229,000 members and students operating in 176 countries, working at the heart of business. CIMA has formed a joint venture with the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) to establish the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation. CGMA is the global quality standard that further elevates the profession of management accounting.
Course Learning Outcome:
The CIMA Professional Qualification comprises three pillars of domain knowledge divided into three levels of achievement. The pillars are enterprise (E), performance (P) and financial (F). The levels are operational, management and strategic. Three case study exams will be used for each level of the CIMA syllabus to integrate knowledge across the three pillars. Students are required to complete the three objective tests at each level, prior to attempting that level’s integrated case study. The integrated case study exams combine the knowledge and learning across the three pillars and are set within a simulated business context relating to one or more fictionalised organisations – based on a real business or industry. The syllabus and related assessment will ensure that CIMA qualified finance professionals are competent in their accounting, finance and other skills, and confident in using them to add value to the many organisations in which they work.
Upon completion of the workshop and passing the Management Case Study Examination, students will have the integrated skills and knowledge to:
- Develop a holistic approach to managing organisations from external and internal perspectives.
- Implement organisational strategy through people, projects, processes and relationships.
- Analyse, plan and manage costs to support the implementation of the organisation’s strategy.
- Manage and control the performance of business units within the organisation in line with short-term budgets and long-term strategy.
- Make investment decisions, taking into account the risks related with such decisions.
- Source long-term finance.
- Produce and analyse complex aspects of group accounting.
- Use analysis of financial statements to provide insights about the performance of the business over time
To be eligible to sit the CIMA Management Case Study (MCS) Exam, students must have passed (or received exemption from) all the three Management level objective tests, namely E2, P2 and F2. For individuals who have obtained either an MBA or other Accounting qualifications, they will be eligible to take the MCS Exam through the Gateway Programmes or Special Pathway Programmes, subject to CIMA’s approval. To find out your eligibility, kindly write to CIMA Singapore: Singapore@cimaglobal.com . Please visit: www.cimaglobal.com to find out more.
The objective of the workshops is to prepare students for the CIMA Management Case Study Examination.
Face-to-Face, Lecture-style with Case study discussions
Duration: 5 Days
Average Teacher to Student Ratio: 1:20
The Course Outlines for CIMA Strategic Case Study Workshop:
(1) Introduction to CIMA Management Case Study Workshop
(2) Management Case Study Exam:
- Format, Tools, Expectations
- Study Resources
(3) Technical Knowledge Quiz and Brief Recap of:
- Project and Relationship Management (E2)
- Advanced Financial Reporting (F2)
- Advanced Management Accounting (P2)
(1) Introduction to Pre-seen Materials
(2) Management Case Study self-check 1
(3) Practice Case Study: Past Management Case Study Exam Questions
- Case Solutions and Presentation by students
- Debrief by instructor
- Post exam kit
(1) Analysis of Pre-seen Case Study
(2) Linking Pre-seen Case materials to the Competencies Tested:
- Business Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Technical Skills and
- People Skills
(1) Case Solutions and Presentation by students
(2) Management Case Study self-check 2
Mock Examination (3 Hours)
Revision + Debrief ( ½ days )
Contact hours for Workshops and Revision is 33 hours.
Time allowed for the actual CIMA examination is 3 hours.
Examination can be taken at any of the Pearson VUE Exam Centres nearest to you.
CIMA will award the CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting (CIMA Adv Dip MA) to those students who passed their Management Case Study Examination upon the completion of their Management Level.
Re-sit:For the re-sit student, you may enrol (over the counter) "3 Hours Mock Exam + Revision" package for $690 (inclusive of GST) 2 weeks before the revision date.