- Course Transfer Administrative Fee applies (i.e. S$250 inclusive GST)
- Treated as withdrawal from existing course (refer to withdrawal terms and conditions)
- Student applies as new student for the new intended course
Transfer between programme (for local & international students)
Transfer of course between programme refers to change from one programme to another programme within the school. This may be possible depending on the pre-requisites of the respective course of study.
The following procedures apply:
- Students must satisfy the pre-requisites of the requested programme.
- All requests for transfer of programmes must be submitted in writing, using the Course Request Form
- Staff-in-charge will acknowledge the receipt of the transfer request within 5 working days.
- A transfer application fee of S$250 (inclusive of GST) is payable upon submission of the form and the fee is non-refundable.
- Students will be charged for all modules consumed and all transfer requests have to be submitted to the SAA-GE Services Office at least 14 working days for local students and one month for international students prior the commencement date of the course.
- For international students, SAA-GE will re-apply for a new student’s pass. Students will not hold SAA-GE liable should the student’s pass application not be approved by ICA.
- Students will be advised on the student registration of the new course and the necessary fees and documents to produce for registration.
- Local students will be notified of the outcome within 7 working days from the receipt of the transfer request.
- International students will be notified of the outcome of student’s pass application within 14 working days from the receipt of the transfer request (the days might be vary and depends on ICA processing period).
- A new student contract will be issued once the transfer has been approved.
- Where a student is below the age of 18, the school requires a formal letter of consent from the student’s parents/guardians before processing the application.
In the event the student requests for a transfer during midst of the current course, he/she will have to withdraw from the programme. Refer to Course withdrawal terms and conditions.
Back to top
Transfer from intake to intake (for local students)
The transfer from intake to intake refers to student who wishes to defer to a new intake/term. As the school does not allow deferment for local students, students with such request shall be deemed as withdrawal.
Back to top
Transfer from intake to intake (for international students)
International students who wish to defer their course of study may make request by filling up the Course Request Form with supporting documentation. Approval will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top
Class Transfer Policy & Procedure
- Class transfer is defined as transferring from one class to another within the same course.
- Request for class transfer must be made in writing by completing the Course Request Form and making a Class Transfer Admin Fee of S$50 (inclusive GST).
- Request must be accompanied with valid reason/s with supporting documents and subject to SAA-GE's approval. Upon approval, original receipt and student's copy of PEI-student contract must be presented to formalise the class transfer.
- Due to the varying course fees, students may be required to top-up the short-fall and SAA-GE will refund the excess course fee payments.
Timeframe for assessing and reply to any request for transfer / withdrawal
The entire transfer / withdrawal process, from point of application to the final outcome (including internal appeals), should not be more than 4 weeks. If the final outcome is not in favour of the applicant, respective staffs are to handle each situation according to the School’s dispute resolution policy found under Policy Manual: Criterion 2.7.1 Dispute Resolution Policy
Back to top