SAA Global Education (SAA-GE) has a long established track record and history as a leading education provider in accounting and finance in Singapore. It is wholly-owned by Malvern International plc, a global education provider. SAA-GE is committed to delivering high quality professional and academic programmes to its students and clients. Throughout the years, SAA-GE has consistently produced prize-winners amongst local and international students. At SAA-GE, we listen to the needs of our students and ensure they are equipped with a good education which will enhance their learning development and improve their employability when they graduate.
SAA Global Education
Established in 1985, The Singapore Accountancy Academy (SAA) had the vision to service the needs of the accountancy industry. It was appointed to be the education arm of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore (ICPAS), our country’s largest and one of the most established professional bodies.
In February 2010, a new division was formed and corporatised under the brand name of SAA Global Education (SAA-GE) to allow greater agility to respond to the needs of the industry for quality professionals. It continues to be the training arm of ICPAS, keeping ICPAS members updated on the latest research and developments in the Accounting and Business field.
In July 2013, with Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore (ICPAS) transforming into Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) with more than 32,000 members, SAA-GE became an Education Arm of ISCA.
In November 2017, Malvern International plc, provider of educational services in the UK and Asia, acquired SAA Global Education. This acquisition is in line with Malvern’s international strategy announced in June 2017 and that is to focus its brand on a few key development skills, one of which is accounting and finance education.
SAA, now SAA Global Education (SAA-GE), has more than 30 years of track record as a leading accountancy education provider, attracting and developing talent for the accountancy profession on an international level. SAA Global Education has consistently produced a list of prize winners for the ACCA and CAT programmes in the Singapore and International categories.
Today, SAA Global Education provides diploma, degree and even post-graduate courses in Accounting, Business, Banking, Finance, Economics, Law and more. We continue to attract students from as far as Japan, China, Vietnam, Philippines to study with us.
SAA-GE was acquired by Malvern International plc, provider of educational services in the UK and Asia.
SAA-GE was the first PEI in Singapore to be awarded the CIMA Global Learning Advanced Partner status by CIMA.
SAA-GE started its intakes for the ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business.
- SAA-GE successfully renewed its Four-year Edutrust Certification.
- SAA-GE was awarded the Affiliate Centre status by UOL.
- SAA-GE signs a Memorandum of Cooperation with:
- ACCA to provide higher quality learning experience for students not only in Singapore but also in the region.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants for England and Wales (ICAEW) and Pearson Education to provide a comprehensive pathway to learners aspiring to pursue a professional qualification in accountancy.
- SAA-GE received the Asia Pacific Brands Award 2014, an award conferred only to the finest commercial and consumer brands in Singapore.
- SAA-GE started its intakes for the Singapore QP Professional Programme (known as the Singapore CA Qualification in 2017)
- When ICPAS became ISCA in July 2013, SAA Global Education (SAA-GE) corporatized to be the education arm of ISCA. In the same year, SAA-GE was awarded with Service Class Award for its service excellence.
- SAA-GE started its intakes for the Singapore QP Foundation Programme (known as the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) in 2017)
- SAA-GE successfully renewed its Singapore Quality Class (SQC) certification and repositioned itself as the Education Arm of ICPAS.
- SAA-GE started its intake for the SAA-GE Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Finance and Plymouth University degree in Accounting & Finance programmes.
- SAA-GE was awarded the Four Year Edutrust certification.
- In February 2010, as part of the changes made to meet the requirements of the Private Education Regulation 2009, a new division was formed and corporatized, and will operate under the brand name of SAA Global Education (SAA-GE). It continues to be the Training Arm of ICPAS.
- SAA started its intakes for the University of London (UOL) programmes.
- SAA was awarded the CaseTrust for Education.
- SAA was awarded the Singapore Quality Class – Private Education organisation.
- Singapore Accountancy Academy (SAA) was established as the training arm of ICPAS, with a vision to service and foster the needs of the accountancy industry.
- SAA was the first Private Education Institute (PEI) to offer the ACCA / ICPAS Joint Examination Scheme programme.
EduTrust Singapore Certified
SAA-GE is awarded the 4 years Edutrust Certification. The EduTrust award is given to a PEI for having achieved satisfactory to commendable performance in key areas of management and the provision of educational services. (Cert No: EDU-2-2025 | Validity: 17/10/2015 – 16/10/2019)
UOL International Programmes Affiliate Centre
SAA-GE is a UOL Affiliate Centre that is committed to excellence in teaching, student support and administration. We provide high quality teaching, excellent facilities, and a clear and appropriate learning and teaching strategy.
ACCA Approved Learning Partner
SAA-GE started offering the ACCA programme since 1985 and has attained the Approved Learning Partner status for more than 10 years. We have met a range of challenging performance targets related to the institution’s overall management; and its management and delivery of the ACCA courses.
Singapore CA Qualification Registered Learning Organisation (RLO)
SAA-GE has been teaching the Singapore CA Qualification programmes since its inception as Singapore QP and has since achieved the Registered Learning Organisation (RLO) Status with effect from 1st July 2017.
More Than 30 Years of Academic Experience
Extensive Range of Accountancy Programmes
Annual Scholarships to Top Performers
Reputable & Experienced Lecturers
Produced more than 850 ACCA Prizewinners
Convenient Campus Location
Modern Campus Facilities
Outstanding Student Service
Part of A Global Operation
Link to the Industry
Ang Ming Kiat (Billy)
Billy Ang has an extensive commercial experience to be the right mentor to share practical and relevant examples to his students.
Chinnu is currently a Partner (Audit and Assurance) with mid-size audit firm and he is Chairman of firm’s Training and Technical committee.
Ng Kam Cheong (Alan)
Mr. Alan Ng has a Master degree in Finance from the National University of Ireland and Master of Art in Chinese Language & Literature from the Beijing Normal University.
Lim Duan Ni (Deborah)
Ms Lim is a senior relationship manager with local and global banks covers consumer finance, premier banking and global private banking services for ultra high networth clients in Asia.
Lim Puay Hian (Ian)
Ian holds a Master degree in Accounting and Financial Management from the University of Gloucestershire (UK), he is also a Fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (UK), a Chartered Accountant of Malaysia and a Certified Financial Planner.
Melanie Cheng Wan Chin
Ms Melanie graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Sociology from the University of York, United Kingdom.
Mohamed Malik S/O Abdul Kader KS
Mr. Malik graduated with Honours in the Bachelor of laws, from the University of London (external system) in the year 1990.
Kong Kar Wai (Magdalene)
Ms Magdalene Kong completed her Bachelor Degree from University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and Executive MBA at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA.
Lee Thang Chiang (Kevin)
Kevin is a full member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA), CPA (British Columbia), CGA (Canada) and Singapore Institute of Accredited Tax Professionals (SIATP).
Laksha Mehta, Senior Head, Professional Programme and Curriculum Management
Ng Soo Luang (Gina)
Gina is a Chartered Accountant (CA) with the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) and a Fellow with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Toh Tze Hern
Mr Toh graduated with Honours in Accountancy from the Singapore Management University (SMU).
Terence Liew Tze Pin
Terence graduated with an Executive MBA with Singapore Management University (SMU).
Goh Sher Wee
Mr. Goh is one of the pioneer lecturers with the education arm of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA).
Tan Wee Cheng
Mr Tan graduated from Nanyang Technological University in 1993 with first class honours in accountancy and also has a Masters in Finance from London Business School.
Tan Leong Chin
Mr Tan is a non-practising member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) and an ordinary member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, Singapore.
See Wei Hwa
Wei Hwa is passionate about sharing his experience in matters relating to taxation. He will be teaching the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) Module on Singapore Taxation.
Chong Mei Lian, Eileen
Ms Eileen graduated from the University of Hull (UK) in the Master of Business Administration. She holds a TESOL from London Teacher Training Centre (UK).
Mr. Anand ANTHONY is a qualified engineer who graduated with a Bachelor of Civil Engineering with honours from the National University of Singapore (NUS).