Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) Rules & Regulations
- attend classes regularly
- have at least 90% attendance every month
- attend the course in our school as reflected in the Student Pass
- take note of the Student Pass validity
- surrender the Student Pass for cancellation within 7 days of cessation or termination of studies
Please note that SAA Global Education will inform ICA if:
- the student has not attended classes for continuous period of 7 days without any valid reason; or
- the student has not attended classes regularly i.e where the percentage of attendance in the registered course is lower than 90% in any month of the course without valid reason; or
- the student’s studies in SAA-GE has been terminated.
Note: Consequences of Violation of ICA Regulation: the Student Pass may be cancelled or would not be renewed if the attendance is less than 90% in every month.
Relevant Singapore Laws
More information pertaining to Singapore Laws may be obtained from http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/home.w3p
- Drugs and Controlled Substances
- Pedestrian Traffic
- Public Cleanliness and Littering
- Personal Data Protection
- Sexual harassment in Singapore (Workplace sexual harassment)
Note: Student’s Pass holders are not permitted to engage in any form of employment or attend an industry attachment/internship programme, whether paid or unpaid, without a valid work pass issued by Ministry of Manpower.
Students must sign on the attendance record in the morning and afternoon and meet the attendance requirement of not less than 90%.
A Medical Certificate must be submitted if you miss classes.
- a medical certificate issued by a registered doctor in Singapore to certify that the student is not fit to attend classes
We will also consider the following circumstances:
- Bereavement (death of an immediate family member)
- Serious illness of an immediate family member
In both instances, students are required to submit a proof. Immediate family member refers to parents or siblings (brother/sister).
Read more about Student Pass Information
Update of Address & Contact Number
International students are required to update SAA Global Education on the change of local address and contact number (mobile/ house number) within 14 days. This is according to Immigration Regulations 19(3)(b).
SAA Global Education (Reception Office)
111 Somerset Road,
#06-01/02 TripleOne Somerset,
+65 6733 5731
Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA)
10 Kallang Road (Level 4)
(Beside Lavender MRT)
+65 6391 6100
For more information, you may wish to download the Pre-Departure and Information for International Students Guide.